VP-Safety, Security & Environmental Policy & ComplianceApply NowApply Later Job ID 770167BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States Business Disney Cruise Line Date posted Dec. 15, 2020
- Serve as the DPA to oversee and monitor the creation, implementation, enforcement and maintenance of the Safety Management System, including the Safety Management Systems Audit Program.
- Exercise unilateral authority for direct and immediate access to all Disney Cruise Line® documents, information, spaces and personnel to monitor, and as necessary investigate, the safety and quality aspects of all company operations.
- Provide an independent link to top management on safety, security and pollution prevention matters for crew members serving on ships and facilities.
- Exercise the authority to monitor the operation of all company ships, private destinations and facilities to verify that adequate resources and support are allocated to effectively carry out the company’s safety and environmental protection policies.
- Maintain open communications channels with all levels to obtain information about company operations and report deficiencies and operational problems to all levels of management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the safety and pollution prevention responsibilities and authority of company Ship Masters and Facility Managers and serve as liaison and advocate for them and for their units on SMS issues.
- Provide counsel and direction to company line managers on implementing and enforcing SMS provisions, including the Continuous Improvement Process, and the continuing requirement to keep the DPA informed of ongoing and planned matters relevant to safety or pollution prevention.
- Consult and coordinate with government and industry authorities on regulatory compliance and quality issues to promote Disney Cruise Line® compliance with applicable laws and standards.
- Provide guidance, counsel and coordination to assist line managers to develop and maintain procedures for ship, private destinations and facility operations, maintenance and emergency preparedness.
- Monitor and verify that company safety, security and pollution prevention activities are conducted in compliance with approved procedures.
- Maintain control over SMS documentation including the approval of new and revised documents.
- Serve as primary Safety, Security and Environmental Policy and Compliance Representative at the Emergency Command Center.
- Manage directly or indirectly the security and emergency management efforts for Disney Cruise Line®, which include security assessments, incident investigations, the Incident Management Center, compliance with regulatory and industry security requirements, guest, crew and vendor boarding security program and ship security training.
- Keep management up to date of any new regulation impacting the business.
- Assist with development and monitoring of environmental policy in accordance with laws and regulations and company commitment to the environment.
- Manage directly or indirectly the continuous improvement process of raising and resolving all CIRs, as well as preventing future incidents onboard, ashore and company’s private destination. Liaison with USCG, USPH (CDC), Lloyd’s Register, port authorities, CLIA and FCCA and participate in inspections and surveys as appropriate.
- Lead by example to promote a culture of safety, security and environmental consciousness with all crew members.
- Minimum of 15 years progressive leadership experience in the maritime and cruise industry
- Demonstrated knowledge and applicability of maritime laws and regulations
- Proven ability to build relationships with the US Coast Guard, Center for Disease Control, Classification Societies, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), Florida Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA), Flag State and Port Authorities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with honesty, directness and candor within all levels of an organization, including briefing executive management and operating teams within a matrix environment on a host of safety, security and environmental related issues
- Proven ability to lead a team of highly capable leaders, anticipating the quickly changing business landscape and inspiring and aligning the team around a clear, achievable vision
- Demonstrated ability to invite diverse perspectives, promote an inclusive work environment and be an advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Demonstrated record of partnering, developing relationships and building consensus within a diverse organizational climate
- Proven blend of business acumen, independent judgment, strategic vision, technical expertise and hands-on leadership experience
- Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to navigate in an environment of constant change
- Thorough understanding of applying Six Sigma DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control) and/or PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) problem solving models for continuous improvement
- Ability to provide guidance and coaching on how to carry out an effective diagnosis to identify root causes of incidences resulting in corrective action to prevent future recurrences
- Maintains ample presence on sailings to verify compliance with policy and identify new issue
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
About Disney Cruise Line:
A leader in the cruise industry, Disney Cruise Line provides a setting where families can reconnect, adults can recharge and children can experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. Guests can sail out of ports around the world on exciting itineraries to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska and Europe, among others. Aboard the fleet of four ships – the Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy – and Disney’s private island paradise in the Bahamas - Castaway Cay, crew members provide guests with unparalleled service, enchanting storytelling and immersive family entertainment that only Disney can deliver.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Magical Cruise Company, Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Cruise Line.
Magical Cruise Company, Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.