Celebration, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 907024BR Location Celebration, Florida, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
Job Summary:Technology has always been a core component of Disney’s heritage, from the first multi-plane cameras used to film Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, to lifelike robots used in numerous theme park attractions, to MagicBands and on-demand digital content distribution. As our Cast Members and Guests come to expect increasingly available mobile connectivity, so does the reliance on services provided by the Wireless Network Services team as part of Disney Enterprise Technology. Enterprise Technology delivers technology services for major Disney brands such as ESPN, ABC, Marvel, Parks & Resorts, and more. We are looking for a seasoned Wireless Architect who will provide architecture, engineering, and solution design for Disney’s wireless network infrastructure. This position will be a role within Disney’s Enterprise Technology Wireless Network Services team and take direction from the Manager of Wireless Implementation and Design.
The Wireless Network Architect will develop architectures, designs, and plans for the staging, installation, and configuration of wireless access points, switches, and controllers, and will provide escalation support for monitoring and ongoing maintenance of the network. This position provides technical expertise and consultation to ensure 24x7 operational support and maintenance. It also involves collaboration with other network engineering teams, business unit engineering teams, and service suppliers to ensure proper alignment on projects and network deliverables.
The Wireless Network Architect will provide expert consulting and guidance to aid the resolution of advanced and persistent issues and will develop wireless network solutions and configurations. They will also participate on and lead selected projects and work with external vendors and internally with other operations teams, IT architecture teams and different business units.
The wireless network infrastructure includes wireless access points, antennas, controllers, and cabling. A successful candidate has expert knowledge and advanced skills required for selection, configuration, and troubleshooting of various wireless networking devices based on significant practical experience.
- Define architecture and standards for wireless access points, antennas, cabling, and controllers across the enterprise
- Determine business requirements and develop estimates and proposals for solutions
- Prepare and review vendor bid proposals for solution delivery
- Prepare, review, and approve documentation and configurations for wireless access points, antennas, cabling, and controllers
- Develop solution designs, conduct peer design reviews, and issue change requests to service suppliers while adhering to service lifecycle and technology roadmaps
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide tier-4 incident support and troubleshooting
- Prepare, review, and approve wireless RF surveys and interpret results
- Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years’ industry experience with enterprise Wi-Fi networks, preferably Cisco and Aruba
- Expert understanding of Wi-Fi RF characteristics and signal propagation, including experience working with predictive and active surveys using tools comparable to Ekahau Pro
- Expert understanding of enterprise wireless authentication methods including 802.1x, EAP, RADIUS, etc.
- Extensive experience with wireless packet captures and analysis
- Expert understanding of switch and VLAN configurations
- Expert understanding IP networking fundamentals and ability to work with LAN network engineers
- Expert wireless network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Extensive experience with Cisco Prime/DNAC and/or Aruba Airwave/ESP
- Experience creating and maintaining technical documentation, uses tools like Word, Visio, and PowerPoint to create and maintain SOPs, maintenance plans, network diagrams, etc.
- Ability to develop accurate Bills of Material and technical statements of work
- Excellent vendor management and negotiation skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax
- ITIL certification is preferred
Required EducationBachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional Information:Note – Position can sit in any of the 2 locations Burbank, or FL
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.