Associate Manager ProgrammingApply NowApply Later Job ID 964796BR Location Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Business ESPN Date posted May 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
The position will require consistent communication and interaction with all ESPN departments including Programming colleagues, particularly the Digital Media team, Production, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Communications, Research and Legal, as well as interaction with DMED, our college and industry partners.
The Associate Manager, College Networks Programming reports to the Manager, College Networks Programming.
- Support the Manager, College Networks Programming on all business activities, initiatives, and issues for College Networks with an emphasis on SEC Network.
- Manage all day-to-day aspects and maintain program schedules across linear and digital platforms as well as other assigned properties.
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of ESPN’s strategic approach to College Networks and other assigned sports properties.
- Assist with the short and long term planning and implementation of other properties as assigned.
- Consistent communication and interaction with several ESPN Departments including, but not limited to, Production, Consumer Marketing, Communications, Ad Sales, and Finance.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and keep the department and company up to speed on important developments.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in sports media industry and/or television programming.
- Strong overall sports knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all working levels.
- Ability to shift focus frequently and manage many projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Content Scheduler system.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Communications, Business, Sports Management, or other related field.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.