Associate Manager, Sports Marketing (SECN)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 854837BR Location Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Oct. 19, 2021
- Contribute to the development of SEC Network marketing strategies and promotional plans and lead all campaign execution
- Assist in development of marketing briefs to internal and external partners in support of priority programming
- Manage day-to-day relationship with internal and external creative partners including the planning and management of full timelines
- Contribute to weekly planning meetings with cross functional teams (Media, Programming, Production, Affiliate) to ensure alignment on plans and initiatives
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with key internal and external partners including the SEC and its 14 Member-Institutions
- Assist with the day-to-day management of SEC Network marketing strategies and plans including:
- Manage creative development, from inception to approvals and execution
- Utilize fan insights and research to inform marketing strategy
- Plan and schedule marketing efforts with Media partners
- Member-institution communication, campaign extensions and implementation
- Affiliate campaign development and asset delivery
- Manage pre-production and production logistics and timelines supporting live action and photography shoots
- Provide detailed performance analysis of all marketing plans and initiatives
- Create, collaborate and contribute to SEC Network social media efforts
- Manage and support marketing activations and fan experiences
- Manage and mentor Marketing Coordinator
- 2+ years of related marketing/advertising required with an understanding of marketing fundamentals, including strategic and creative development, creative evaluation, and budget management.
- Passionate College Sports fan with extensive knowledge of the SEC and its 14 Member-Institutions required.
- Strategic thinker. Excellent creative instincts. Experience working with internal and external creative partners.
- Marketing Analytics/Financial Acumen. Strong base of analytic thinking. Consumer & Market Insights.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (copywriting experience a plus).
- Effective time management and organizational skills – ability to prioritize and multi-task on a high profile, high volume portfolio.
- Strong work ethic. Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and take initiative to get the job done.
- Strong work ethic. Must be self-motivated, detail oriented. Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Holds self and others accountable for creative and executional excellence.
- Embraces and passionate about social media. Knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms.
- A healthy appreciation of the role sports plays in popular culture.
- Knowledge of and interest in the evolving media landscape and media consumption habits.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.