Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Digital Media Internship, Charlotte - Fall 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 810021BR Location Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jun. 09, 2021
A department within the ESPN Programming Division and in partnership with the Southeastern Conference, SEC Network Digital priorities include driving engagement to SEC Network live events, fulfilling all digital needs for the Conference, and providing comprehensive event and studio content through on-demand video and live statistics.
SEC Network Digital serves as the central digital source for SEC fans of all sports.
- Edit daily video content from SEC Network studio shows and live SEC events
- Publish editorial content through ESPN CMS tools
- Document standard operating procedures
- Additional publishing duties as needed
- Strong English grammar and AP Style knowledge
- Edit and publish content using proprietary tools on the SEC digital platforms
- Has basic news journalism experience and news judgment; understands assigned sport(s) from a journalistic point of view. Exhibit a solid understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
- Has basic understanding of social media content and is able to recognize and react to social media trends or content within events that have social media potential
- Has the ability to prioritize multiple news stories based on potential user engagement
- Has a basic understanding of HTML and related web authoring tools and software
- Candidates should have the demonstrated ability to write and think capably about several different sports
- Familiarity with most major Internet search engines and fluency in electronic newsgathering techniques
- Basic understanding of video and photo editing techniques
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage workload in fast-paced environment
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, print journalism, digital media or involvement with collegiate TV station
- Historical knowledge of US sports
- Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department
- Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment
- Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship or a recent graduate within the past 18 months
- Communication, Broadcasting, Journalism or related majors
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The approximate dates are August 23 – December 10, 2021. Interns will work 40 hours per week throughout the internship. Must be available to work different shifts. There may be some flexibility based on candidate’s academic schedule. Work Environment: This internship may be in-person in Charlotte or may be remote. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space. If in person, limited housing assistance may be offered.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.