Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing & Communications Internship, Charlotte - ESPN - Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 454418BR Location Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Job Posting Company ESPN Job Posting Area ESPN Date posted 05/15/2017
This position is part of the Sports Marketing & Communications teams based in Charlotte, NC supporting the SEC Network.
A Day in the Life:
- Assist with the day-to-day ideation and management of SEC Network sponsorship and promotional strategies, including:
- Provide input on creative development and execution of campaigns and materials
- Coordinate creative requests and projects
- Development of presentations and research
- Create, collaborate and contribute to SEC Network social media efforts
- Execute weekly analytics reports for internal and external clients
- Key feature codes into NCS scheduling system for accurate execution and billing of TV enhancements for advertisers
- Create and maintain various feature calendars and grids across television and digital mediums, showing sold and available assets
- Draft basic communications materials including press releases and media alerts
- Help schedule and pitch media junkets on a weekly basis
- Media monitoring and maintaining and building media lists
- Contribute to internal communications platforms including ITK, ESPNPR Twitter and ESPN Front Row.
- Maintain and update bios as needed
What You Bring to the Role:
- Previous internship or comparable experience in a related field
- Strong knowledge of college athletics and the Southeastern Conference
- Communication and organizational skills
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Social media experience, with a basic understanding of social media platforms
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional or organizational role
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop
- Expertise building presentations and other Sales-related materials, including use of PowerPoint
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. May 2017 graduates can be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Housing: This position is located in Charlotte, NC. A limited amount of housing assistance is available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.