P/T Controller Anim Grph Innov &ProdDsgnApply NowApply Later Job ID 7061278420220313 Location Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 03, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Executes graphics on a basic level using playout applications for event and studio productions. Maintains quality of on-air product for daily/nightly studio and event productions
- Maintains quality of ESPN’s on-air product for daily/nightly Studio and Event remote productions.
- Graphics Operator executes graphics on a basic level using ESPN developed playout applications for event and studio productions utilizing VizRt and Chyron graphics systems.
- Ensures the accuracy and timely preparation of graphics assigned to productions.
- Required to work flexible hours and days as production assignments dictate including weekends, nights and holidays
- Able to effectively communicate across the organization to report technical problems. Must also be able to clearly articulate source of problems in defective equipment reports.
- Maintain administrative records including shift assignment reports and other required documentation.
Basic Qualifications :
- Strong understanding of Windows- based applications for live productions.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, willing to work all shifts, weekends and, some holidays and must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure to meet ever-changing deadlines.
- Must be accurate spellers and possess strong communication skills.
- Must have familiarity with Sports. This includes College and Professional teams – names, logos and franchise players
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Minimum of one year of on-air graphics systems controller experience in a major market or at the network level is desired. Experience using VizRt, Chyron, ROSS, Trio, Photoshop, ENPS is preferred.
- Able to catalog logos/headshots and custom graphics and Sales elements.
- Understanding of live production control room (PCR) etiquette and overall professionalism..
Required Education :
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.