Studio Operator I (Part-Time)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 972628BR Location Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 15, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Studio Operator I must be proficient in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to: camera jib systems, camera stabilization systems, high definition studio cameras, pedestals and lenses, camera control units, color correction, studio routing, server based playback devices, studio lighting, PC and console based lighting boards, robotic camera operation, virtual technology, and general studio awareness.
- Proficient operating skills and ability to perform under strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of workflow, equipment, facility layouts and troubleshooting practices as they relate to operational assignments.
- Operate a wide range of assignments and equipment within the studio environment and as indicated by the job title.
- Conduct quality control procedures and take corrective actions to ensure and/or enhance product.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation.
- Ability to understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions.
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
- Organizational, communication and planning skills are required.
- As necessary, participate in team based projects and contribute recommendations towards departmental objectives.
- Solid understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
- Comply fully with company and departmental standard operating procedures.
- Provide quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
- Expected to share information and offer solutions to standard workflows and system problems.
- Expected to initiate productive interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based on timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
- May train in and/or be assigned any other duties needed to help achieve business objectives
- Minimum of 2 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) – English/Spanish
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism or related field
- Vocational School Certification
- Related Experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.