Learning Partner – Chengdu
Chengdu, China (Mainland)
As a Learning Partner at Disney English, you will support Foreign Trainers in instructing children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China. Learning Partners use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging beloved Disney characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials to provide a highly engaging and effective, premium experience.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at Disney English?
- Team player
- Relationship expertise
- Good listener
Job Summary:DISNEY ENGLISH
No one speaks the language of children better than Disney, and nothing captures their imaginations more than a great story. Disney English combines the art of Disney storytelling, breakthrough language learning methodology and innovative technology to inspire learners’ passion for English. Since the opening of our flagship Center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has been sharing the gift of English with thousands of children across China. By providing an award-winning academic curriculum and engaging children with their favorite Disney stories, songs and characters; Disney English creates a fun, lively, and highly effective learning environment.
An opportunity with Disney English allows you to make a difference in the lives of children, all while receiving ongoing professional development and gaining valuable experience within The Walt Disney Company. Become one Disney English cast member could be the experience of a lifetime. Bring your talent, creativity and unique experience, and discover why a career with Disney is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Disney English Mission
Our mission is to transform children’s learning by combining immersive content, innovative technology, and engaging teaching methods that inspire children to confidently communicate with the world in their own voice
Disney English Learning Partners support Foreign Trainers in instructing children ages 2-12 at our Language Learning Centers throughout China. Partners will use an innovative and immersive Disney program, leveraging Disney’s beloved characters, stories, songs, animation and other materials, to provide a highly engaging and effective premium learning experience
- Be part of a guest-focused team anchored around the 4 standards of Disney quality: Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative and service-focused work environment
- Comply with academic standards and successfully deliver Disney English Content to ensure learning results in line with company targets
Basic Qualifications:Job Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree required; majored in education preferred
- Have at least 1 year experience working with children or 1 year relevant service industry or have successfully completed relevant internship
- Upper-intermediate level of English and Standard Chinese language speaking and translation ability
- Creativity and excitement to bring a unique personality to the Disney English classroom including talents in music, art, and performing arts
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, squat and bend. Frequent lifting of 0.4 to 1.9 K.G. and occasional lifting of up to 15-19 K.G. is required
- Has passion to connect with children and their families
- Relate to and engage young learners in an English Language environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, flexible to change and able to manage multiple priorities
- Commitment to delivering high quality customer service
- Work well independently and in a team
- Build strong relationships internally with colleagues and externally with parents and guardians
- Have high personal integrity and credibility
- Professionalism in oral and written communications
- Resourceful, with creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team of both foreign and local cast members
- Strong understanding of service and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software systems, including Notebook
Fluent Chinese， Mandarin standard
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Beijing) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.
Medical insurance provided.
Employee Assistance Program
24-hour confidential & professional assistance for employees and eligible dependents
Tools, training and support to prepare employees for advancement
Holidays and Sick Time off provided.
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass