Data Engineer F/M - Permanent contractApply NowApply Later Job ID 964191BR Location Chessy, France Business Disneyland Paris Date posted May 24, 2022
Disneyland Paris is currently undergoing a data transformation by setting up a centralized team (Data Office) and a data platform on AWS to exploit its rich and varied data: digital, ticketing, accommodation, operations, maintenance, finance, stores, restaurants, supply chain, costumes, flows, human resources...
The Disneyland Paris Data Office is at the heart of this transformation project and pilots:
- The maintenance and evolution of our data platform, the centralization of data within a datalake, the production of value from our data;
- The promotion of the use of data and the acceleration of self-BI to reduce analysis and decision making times;
- The animation of user communities;
- Defining and developing data-driven products based on artificial intelligence.
We put data at the heart of strategic decisions and facilitate access to data for all. We encourage our teams to realize the potential of data, to realize its power and help them to innovate.
In this context, we are recruiting a Data Engineer who will be involved in the deployment of data use cases for the business, from data collection methods to its exposure and by contributing to the implementation of machine learning pipelines.
You will join the Data team of about 30 people and report to the Senior Manager Decisions. You will contribute to the progress of our squad, in collaboration with the other members of the data team (Product Owner, Data Engineer, BI Developer, Data Steward, Tester), in a stimulating environment, where team spirit and the desire for continuous improvement & learning are key!
Each member of the team can be an actor in what we are putting in place. You will have the opportunity to contribute your knowledge, to question the existing, to innovate, to implement new things constantly and quickly!
You will actively participate in the construction of our data platform and in the choice of tools, and you will help make decisions and develop the growth of Disneyland Paris.
Your missions will consist of:
- Study and implement the best technical solutions to manage large volumes of data, from training data collection to production deployment;
- Control the quality of the code put in production to ensure the run (Git, model performance evaluation);
- Work in collaboration with the Data Engineer, Data Scientist and Product Owner to integrate machine learning models as deliverables in a product;
- Develop and maintain our state of the art data stack;
- Contribute through new data pipelines:
- Collect on our datalake (S3), develop and maintain PD input and output streams, on internal and external data, in batch and realtime, until data activation (Snowflake / Redshift / Tableau, APIs...)
- Transform the collected data, enrich and maintain our data warehouse (Snowflake)
- Ensure the integrity of the data life cycle
- Design, implement and maintain the entire production pipeline to deploy machine learning models with the Data Scientists
- Propose, implement and support best practices within the data organization (agile, code review, ...) ;
- Conduct technology watch on cloud and data engineering.
You will have the opportunity to work on various technologies. Our current technical environment, under construction and therefore not exhaustive, is based on AWS Glue / S3 / EC2 / Sagemaker, Snowflake, Python, Spark, SQL, Git.
Joining us is the guarantee to participate in the birth of the data platform project and to have an impact in its structuring and technological choices! You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of topics, with the support of The Walt Disney Company's Data Science & Engineering teams in the US.
The keys to your success?
You are the ideal candidate for this position if:
- You are graduated of an engineering degree or a master's degree in data engineering/big data/cloud engineering/data science and have acquired a minimum of 5 years experience in data projects, in an international and agile environment;
- You know at least one cloud environment (AWS or GCP) and have already deployed code on it;
- You have already participated in a data warehouse project;
- You master a programming language (Python and SQL in priority) or YAML configuration language, know DevOps concepts (Docker, Kubernetes) and managed services (AWS);
- You have experience in industrializing machine learning models (AWS SageMaker);
- You are fluent in English (C1 level) for daily written and spoken use, as well as in French (B2 level).
- You are curious and able to propose, test new things, challenge existing ones and make recommendations;
- Your leadership skills allow you to be at ease in carrying a subject, defending it, selling it to your technical and functional contacts; you know how to popularize technical subjects to convince;
- You enjoy working with multidisciplinary people, working in a team and sharing your knowledge;
- You are particularly sensitive to the quality of deployments and do everything possible to deliver a quality product.
This is the right time to have a strong impact on our business and contribute to the rise of the data culture within an incredibly special environment!
Additional Information:The Disneyland Paris difference?
- A comprehensive integration session and a wide range of skill-development training options
- Great career opportunities (internal promotion or horizontal mobility)
- An exceptional, international and multicultural environment concentrated on a unique site.
All you have to do is apply, we are ready to give you the opportunity to showcase your talent!
Disneyland Paris is committed to offering its Cast Members the best possible working conditions. In this context and to guarantee optimum flexibility, Cast Members whose role do not require accessing on-site facilities and/or on-site physical interaction are permitted to work remotely, with a minimum presence requirement of five days per month on site.
Our offices are located 5 minutes walk from the Val d'Europe train station.
- First meeting with our recruiter to get to know each other and see if we can go further together
- Interview with our recruiter to evaluate the adequacy between your personality, your expectations and what we can offer you
- Interview our data engineer to give you a broader view of the position and to evaluate your technical capabilities
- Interview with our product owners to give you a functional vision and evaluate your functional capabilities
- Interview with your future manager and N+2 to be able to envision yourself as a part of our environment.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, so don't miss the opportunity, apply now!
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, our Cast Members work on stage or backstage, in hundreds of professions. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
Creating dreams carries with it many responsibilities. For our resort, long-term development must be rooted in a sustainable tourism model. We have made important social & environmental commitments, which we seek to implement with the continuous involvement of our employees and stakeholders.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES SAS, which is part of a business we call Disneyland Paris.