Assistant ProducerApply Now Job ID 727257BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 11/26/2019
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Imagineering Japan, Assistant Producer (Design Services) is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and support to ensure that all design efforts, either produced by Oriental Land Company (OLC), the Third Party Owner/Operator of Tokyo Disney Resort, or by the Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) Japan team, support the Disney Brand and the vision of the WDI Japan Executive, Art Director, and/or Creative Lead. The Producer ensures that the project’s approved design is achieved and maintained within the guidelines determined by creative leadership, while meeting operations objectives of our Walt Disney Attractions Japan (WDAJ) partners. The Design Services (DS) Producer manages the execution of Creative deliverables from project Kick-Off through Implementation, while collaborating and building trust through working relationships with Internal/External partners and Third Party Owner/Operators. The Producer provides integration and leadership to all disciplines that support Design Services efforts. The DS Producer manages OLC Design Reviews for Design Services, ensuring Creative Review and Approval by the Design Services Art Director.
* The position will be a full-time contract position with number of renewals and contract length based on the company needs.
- Accountable for all Design Services efforts, proactively prioritizes, communicates status appropriately to internal and external parties, and meets deadlines.
- Oversees a variety of projects, at varied levels of complexity, achieving and maintaining the creative vision.
- Manages the execution of Creative deliverables and collaborates with WDI Japan (WDI Glendale and WDI Asia when assigned) and WDAJ Leaders to achieve common objectives.
- Ensures that all deliverables are performed (i.e. Brainstorm, story treatment, concept sketches, drawing package reviews) in order to deliver the best experience for our guests.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project’s approved design is achieved and maintained within the guidelines determined by the WDI Japan Director (WDI Glendale Creative Leader if assigned), Art Director, and/or Creative Lead, throughout its implementation.
- Point of Contact for WDAJ and Owner/Operator on all Design Services efforts from project Kick-off through implementation.
- Guides and articulates the concepts and experiences that define the creative vision and to motivate the team responsible for providing input to support its development.
- Lead and manage the design team from Kick-off through Implementation.
- Ensures that the team has the information they need to execute their work efficiently and effectively.
- Focus on completion of creative deliverables and develops work around plan to manage risk.
- Understands the “big picture” and knows how the creative process works in order to execute the creative vision
- Keeps The WDIJ Producer and WDIJ Creative Executive informed and updated through regular meetings and Design Reviews.
- Ability to organize multiple layers of documentation
- Documents internal brainstorming, creative development sessions, design reviews and all internal meetings through project completion and distribute notes
- Sets up and catalogues Creative Deliverable files, including drawings, artwork, in progress and completion photos, on the server.
- Keeps server organized, allowing for team access with the ability to navigate effectively.
- Excellence in managing relationships with external partners, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Proficiency in Research tools
- Ability to organize multiple layers of documentation
- Strong sense of ownership, flexibility and integrity
- High level of motivation; strong self-starter and strong problem–solving ability in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Bi-lingual (Japanese/English) written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, thorough and detail oriented; ability to prioritize
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate through conflict and problem-solve issues to resolution
- Proven ability to organize and communicate design development process and documentation
- Ability to take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment
- Knowledge of creative process and deliverables
- Knowledge of Design Disciplines and how they interrelate
- Theme Park or Hospitality design coordination/management experience, design firm management/coordination or similar.
- Experience with multiple disciplines, and multiple internal and external business units.
- Disney Experience.
- Degree in management, hospitality, or equal experience preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Japan, Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.