Food & Beverage and Lodging ManagerApply Now Job ID 752012BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 03/04/2020
Job Summary:The Food & Beverage and Lodging Manager is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and support to ensure that Disney’s high Service and Quality standards are maintained. Through Brand Stewardship, this role is critical to creating and maintaining excellent guest experiences through cooperative partnerships with Oriental Land Company (OLC), the third party owner and operator of Tokyo Disney Resort, and other Disney lines-of-business. The Manager will use their experience and knowledge and act as a consultant and subject matter expert for our partners.
This position also requires the ability to work on both small and large projects from basic menu changes to opening a new restaurant, etc. This will be extremely important over the next few years due to Resort and Hotel expansion.
The Food & Beverage and Lodging Manager is directly responsible for maintaining a positive and productive working partnership with all OLC leadership. The duties include day-to-day interaction with partners, reviewing and approving so that TDR Food & Beverage and Hotel services are in compliance with Disney Standards, suggesting operational changes and improvements, and providing direction and support when needed.
- Responsible for working with partners and reviewing Hotel Operations and Theme Park Food and Beverage Operations
- Demonstrates knowledge and passion for the Disney brand
- Ensures that OLC understands Disney brand expectations related to Hotel and Food & Beverage Operations
- Consistently maintains a broad perspective across all disciplines within Food & Beverage
- Oversees creating and maintaining excellent guest experiences through cooperative partnerships with OLC.
- Reviews and provides input for all Food & Beverage menu items
- Provides constructive feedback and follow-up on projects and operations
- Reviews an operation and quickly determines and recommends process improvements for better Guest experience
- Excellence in managing relationships with external partners, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ownership, flexibility and integrity
- High level of motivation, strong self-starter and strong problem–solving ability in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent Bi-lingual (Japanese/English) written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, thorough and detail oriented; ability to prioritize
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate through conflict and problem-solve issues to resolution
- Ability to coordinate multiple disciplines and understand how they interrelate
- Proven ability to organize and communicate project development process and documentation
- Ability to take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment
- Ability to review operations and suggest operational improvements
- Experience in Theme Park industry or high revenue, fast paced Food & Beverage Operations
- Experience in large and multiple Hotel operations
- Consulting experience and ability
- Experience with multiple Food & Beverage disciplines, and ability to partner with multiple internal and external business partners
- Experience in food menu planning and execution
- Experience in resource planning
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Japan, Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.