Marketing ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10039579 Location Chiba, Japan Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 01, 2023
- Walt Disney Attractions Japan (WDAJ) focuses on bolstering Disney’s premium brand through active engagement with Oriental Land Company (OLC) in the licensing relationship for Tokyo Disney Resort.
- The Brand Integration and Marketing Communications division of WDAJ is responsible for strategically identifying methods, processes, and procedures to manage and protect the Disney brand into the future. This includes ensuring brand integrity through marketing communications (inclusive of topics such as publicity, promotions, owned/paid media, event execution, marketing alliances, etc.) through active engagement with OLC and Disney company-wide partners across the world.
- The Marketing Manager will focus on public affairs, publicity, promotions, events execution, and executive communication. This represents a well-rounded experience across communications and related disciplines, and an exciting opportunity to use functional and influential expertise while deepening capabilities.
- Ensure consistency with Disney brand guidelines, and advise OLC on how best to represent the Disney brand by working closely across OLC and Disney teams in Japan and the US
- Review and approve ongoing marketing communication executions, with an emphasis on effective partnership with OLC to optimize across a variety of considerations. Examples of activities include press releases and other public releases, media programs, seasonal and special events, executive briefing documents and presentations, etc.
- Drive progress on key in-flight projects (facilitating meetings, tracking status, articulating key issues, prioritizing action items, following through to keep work moving, reviewing content with partners for approval, etc.)
- Manage review and approvals by other Disney entities where relevant (e.g., other WDAJ lines of business, Imagineering, Corporate Brand Management, Disney Animation Studios, etc.)
- Facilitate sharing of Disney Parks global experience and best practices with OLC
- Be an exemplary representative of WDAJ Brand Integration & Marketing Communications when interfacing with both internal and external entities
- 5-10 years of experience in related functions (e.g., marketing, public relations, public affairs, media relations, etc.), with emphasis on communications-related functions
- Fluency in English with strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent English writing skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance/supervision
- Ability to establish relationships and strong partnerships, adapt to change, and work well on a team
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Intellectual curiosity and capacity to quickly develop expertise on new topics
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially with building PowerPoint presentations
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Some schedule flexibility to allow occasional early morning calls with the US
- Fluency in Japanese
- Strong Japanese writing skills
- Previous experience working for or with The Walt Disney Company, especially the Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products division
- Strong familiarity with the Disney brand
- Experience working for or with a major brand (Japanese companies and multi-national companies preferred)
- Previous leadership-related experience
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Japan, Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.