Already applied?View Dashboard
Marketing SpecialistApply Now Job ID 692666BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 07/30/2019
Job Summary:*The position is a contract position with number of renewal and term depending on business needs
The Marketing Specialist role represents a well-rounded experience across marketing disciplines, a dynamic learning opportunity to build toward a versatile career in marketing and beyond.
The Marketing Strategy and Communications Division at Walt Disney Attractions Japan focuses on bolstering Disney’s premium brand through active engagement with Oriental Land Company (OLC) in the licensing relationship for Tokyo Disney Resort. The Division supports OLC on developing a viable and brand-reinforcing commercial strategy to deliver value for guests and drive revenue, and ensures brand integrity in all marketing, sales and publicity initiatives.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to drive progress on key in-flight projects
- Attend meetings to help track project progress
- Articulate and prioritize key issues to be resolved
- Follow-through and coordinate with multiple partner teams in Japan and US
- Help review content and conduct preliminary research on various topics
- Work closely with Director, Marketing Strategy and Communications in developing key elements of the commercial strategy with a data-driven approach
- Analyze revenue and guest data to identify gaps in guest experience and opportunities for growth (Excel-based quantitative analysis)
- Synthesize findings and communicate insights (PowerPoint-based slide creation)
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to multi-task and to prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to establish relationships, adapt to change and work well on a team
- Intellectual curiosity and capacity to quickly develop expertise on new topics
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience in quantitative analysis; familiarity with consumer research is a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing and/or related functions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite; Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator skills are a plus
- Fluency in both Japanese and English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some schedule flexibility to allow occasional early morning calls with the US
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Japan, Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.