Project ArchitectApply Now Job ID 729327BR Location Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 12/03/2019
Job Summary:The Project Architect provides design and technical support for Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI)’s architectural field team efforts. This individual, under the direction of Disney Project Architects, helps ensure consistency of implementation with Disney architectural drawings and other design intent. Among key roles are review of contractor‐submitted architectural documents; integration of Disney Furnished Items; and, participation in the review of a variety of facilities. In addition to the academic and professional credentials required for this position, the Project Architect – the qualified candidate will be asked to serve in a variety of problem‐solving design capacities to help ensure architectural implementation quality meets Disney standards.
The contract term for the position will be 18 months starting April, 2020.
- Reviews time‐sensitive architectural submittals, primarily including contractor documents, for consistency with WDI designs, Disney brand requirements and related technical materials.
- Provides sketches and studies to design resolve drawing conflicts and other implementation related challenges issues. This includes providing CADD drawings, hand sketches, digital and physical models; and, other means to convey design solutions.
- Ensures compliance with WDI standards practices and procedures throughout implementation. Able to successfully work with a variety Disney counterparts as part of problem solving activities.
- Validates consistency of field installation with architectural design documents quality requirements of the Disney brand.
- Licensed as a professional architect with 8 or more years’ experience and a Bachelor of Arts or Master of Architecture degree. Background should include Disney‐specific experience or comparable entertainment design experience.
- Ability to capably communicate in English language and Japanese language without the use of an interpreter.
- Candidate must provide a digital portfolio of architectural work and professional resume, submitted for advance review to be considered.
- Demonstrates hand sketch drawing abilities, and software drawing skills using Bluebeam, AutoCAD, Revit, and SketchUp programs; Rhino and Adobe Studio software skills are desirable.
- Able to quickly acquire familiarity with the project’s architectural scope, and able to understand and embrace WDI’s role in representing the Disney brand and story‐based design.
- Able to understand and embrace the project’s unique design challenges and distinctions from conventional architectural design work.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Japan, Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.