Project CoordinatorApply Now Job ID 746686BR Location Chiba, Japan Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 02/07/2020
The position will be a contract position with an expected end date of December/2022.
- Facilitate communication between WDI, Third Party Owner/Operator and Contractors pertinent to the DFI (Designer/Disney furnished items) production progress.
- Communicate daily with WDI Show Team and monitor progress of DFI production against the plan and report deviations to Third Party Owner/Operator and Contractors.
- Monitor progress of the construction activities and report exceptions and potential impact to the field need date to WDI show team.
- Attend daily installation planning meeting and disseminate the plan to the team.
- Generate weekly DFI installation progress report.
- Assist SD&P (Show, Design and Production) Manager in coordinating T&A and integration activities.
- Generate post installation punch list for DFI and manage it through completion.
- Attend DFI crate openings to monitor the conditions of DFI upon arrival. If any deficiency is found immediately notify Project Manager and SD&P Manager.
- Organized with ability to prioritize and work within a deadline
- Attention to detail
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Ability to interact with Third Party Owner/Operator and Contractors
- Ability to take direction and adapt to change
- Ability to establish relationships and work in a team environment
- Fluency in both Japanese and English communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Holds a valid Driver’s License in Japan and is willing to drive
Preferred Qualifications:2 years or more experience in Themed Entertainment development is preferred, but not a requirement
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Japan, Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.