Senior ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 784743BR Location Chiba, Japan Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 05/12/2021
As a member of a legal team currently comprised of a head lawyer, a senior attorney, and an administrative assistant, the person in this position will be responsible for supporting the head lawyer and the senior attorney, and under their supervision, help to provide legal support to the Tokyo Disney Resort business team in a variety of areas (including corporate/commercial, intellectual property, labor law, privacy, etc.) related to Disney’s business in Japan and, in particular, Disney’s business relationship with Oriental Land Company (the licensee and operator of the Tokyo Disney Resort).
Under supervision of the head lawyer and the senior attorney:
- Draft, review and interpret legal documents.
- Prepare initial agreement drafts, as well as legal memoranda and correspondence.
- Advise Disney Japan business staff members on legal and regulatory concerns/issues affecting TDR businesses in Japan.
- Coordinate with other members of Disney’s Legal Department (both in Japan and internationally) to provide legal support and advice to the Tokyo Disney Resort team.
- Legal research.
- English-Japanese translation.
Basic Qualifications:Professional Attributes:
- Solid experience and understanding in issues concerning Japanese corporate/commercial law and Japanese intellectual property law, particularly copyright, trademark and unfair competition.
- Experience working with multinational enterprises is plus
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong document and coorespondence drafting skills with demonstrated careful attention to detail.
- Familiarity and experience with business practices of the Japanese entertainment industry is plus but not requisite.
- Admitted to practice law in Japan or an English-speaking jurisdiction is plus.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree (J.D., LL.B., LL.M. or equivalent is plus)
- A minimum of 5 years of legal experience in law firm or multinational corporate legal department, focused on corporate/commercial and IP practice.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excell, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and drafting skills in Japanese and English
- Proficient Japanese language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading
- Proficient English language ability in negotiating, drafting and reading
- Proficient verbal communication skills in Japanese and English
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).