Broadcast IT Specialist - WLS-TVApply NowApply Later Job ID 866194BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 01, 2021
- Collaborate with the technology team on maintenance and integration of new technologies with existing infrastructure, and ensuring they are conforming to company standards, security policies and regulations.
- Troubleshoot and remediate complex systems in a fast-paced time sensitive live production and broadcast operation. Analyze root cause to determine operational or technical issues and take necessary corrective action to prevent the issue from reoccurring.
- Participate with writing and collaborating on technical documentation and standard operating procedures written for both technical and non-technical audience.
- Interact with end users in News, Programming, Production and Creative Services on systems. Provide direction and training to them when issues arise during the day-to-day operations.
- Planning and executing technical requirements for local and remote special events.
- Other duties as directed by Technology Department.
- WLS-TV is a 24x7x365 broadcast facility as such non-regular hours including evenings, weekends and holidays will be required.
- Effective communication with members of the Technology team and an ability to communicate across the organization at all levels.
- Applicants must have strong knowledge and experience working with Active Directory, Apple, Linux and Microsoft desktop/server environments, TCP/IP and Cisco Networking, Firewalls, Server Virtualization (VMWare) and SAN infrastructure.
- In depth experience supporting a broad range of technology such as mobile devices, laptops, desktops, and enterprise class servers.
- Highly organized and capable of monitoring and responding to high volumes of various forms of electronic communication
- Proficient with one or more scripting languages like VB/.BAT/PowerShell and also have experience with MS SQL database management.
- Familiarity with application packaging and deployment with Microsoft SCCM or similar tools.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience in lieu of education.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.