Broadcast IT Specialist
Chicago, Illinois, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 772718BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 26, 2021
Job Summary:WLS Television is seeking a full time Broadcast IT Specialist.
Responsibilities:The role will focus on the stations IT Technology infrastructure and operations, located in Chicago IL. This demanding environment requires timely response to all forms of end user electronic communication. Providing technical support to a diverse community of users and staff in person or remotely is also a core facet of the job. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that may include a mix of daytime, evenings and some weekends throughout the year.
Basic Qualifications:Candidate must have a proven ability in diagnosing complex systems and be able to troubleshoot and remedy critical issues as they arise. Other attributes of this position include the ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment, work well in an unsupervised role, multitask remotely with others, be highly organized, take-charge and triage in a crisis. You will learn on the job. An aptitude for learning quickly on your own or from others, train others constantly and create/maintain professional looking technical documentation is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems is required.
- Experience of Windows/Active Directory/User Profiles/GPO’s or Mac OSX.
- Familiarity with application packaging and deployment with Microsoft SCCM or similar tool.
- At least 2 years full time employment experience with imaging, setting up and configuring Cisco IOS switches, routers, Call Manager and UCS system is required along with Ethernet over fiber optics or RF.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP routing and sub-netting expected.
- Familiarity with network firewalls, enterprise storage systems as well as cloud platforms & concepts and VMWare ESXi.
- Solid knowledge of at least one scripting or programming platform such as PowerShell or SQL needed.
- Applicant must provide a cover letter that highlights their relevant experience.
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
About Walt Disney Television:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.