Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Creative Services Programming Internship ABC7 (WLS-TV) Chicago SummerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737318BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
The Creative Services Department includes on-air promotion, programming specials, and public relations.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Logging tapes for local programming specials
- Joining producers during on-location programming shoots
- Research for local programming specials
- Opportunity to learn how to produce promos
- Opportunity to create digital content for multi platforms
- Participate in promo shoots when scheduled
- Help out at station events when scheduled, i.e. Magnificent Mile Light Festival (November); Auto Show (February); candidate debates (when applicable); Black Women’s Expo (March); various station community parade broadcasts throughout the year i.e. Bud Billiken Parade, St. Patrick’s Day, Mexican Independence Day, Pride Parade
- Assist in writing press releases and social media copy to publicize specials
- Assist in producing ABC 7 Newsletter
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Positive outlook and great attitude
- Willing to take on any task large or small
- Strong Organizational skills, good follow-up, attention to detail, writing skills, solid computer skills
- Tape logging experience
- Degree in TV Production; Communications, Journalism, Media, Marketing/PR
- Shooting and editing experience
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
•All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
•All students must be at least 18 years old
•At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participating in the internship program – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
•All candidates must be available from May through August
•All candidates must be willing to work 20 hours/week
•All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
•All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.