Cross Platform Business Development Account ExecutiveApply Now Apply Later Job ID 703590BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Sep. 12, 2019
Responsibilities:This challenging and rewarding position will be responsible for the development of new business partnerships, including local station initiatives, promotions and sponsorships sales.
- Prospect, Qualify, and Develop new client relationships to increase business
- Gain a deep working knowledge of WLS TV and digital/social platforms
- Perform necessary analysis and planning to assure that priorities for each sales call are established
- Ability to develop and present proposals leading to negotiating of deals and post analysis
- Meet and exceed aggressive revenue goals while keeping sales management apprised of progress
- Building and maintaining a positive reputation within our industry, based on service, integrity and growth
- 5+ years of experience in media
- Knowledge of Chicago marketplace a must
- Proven background in developing, closing and maintaining advertising accounts
- Thorough understanding of digital/social media platforms and trends
- Excellent oral and written communication, including the ability to present effectively in order to close business
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office
Additional Information:Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.