Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Digital News Internship, ABC7 (WLS-TV) Chicago- Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 628242BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jan. 17, 2019
Job Summary:ABC7 (WLS-TV) Chicago is the Midwest flagship of the ABC television network. ABC7 leads the market in local news coverage with daily newscasts, and has been in a number one position in local news since March 1986. The station’s offices and studios are located in The Loop in downtown Chicago.
Through its internship program, ABC7 Chicago aims to enrich and provide a practical experience for the student pursuing a career in the business of broadcasting. You will have the opportunity to observe and participate in the operation of a major-market television station.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
You are considered a Predator… a producer, writer and editor and will be assigned daily videos to create. You will also be expected to assist with social media and on occasion partner with our Digital Reporter to produce daily stories.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Digital writing skills
- Video producing skills
- Strong editing skills in Adobe Premiere
- Independent worker
- Junior or Senior-level standing; or attending Graduate school; or a recent graduate applying within 6 months of graduation date.
- Previous internship in a professional newsroom/local news affiliate.
- Working toward a degree in broadcast journalism, communications or television production.
- Video shooting and editing skills
- Writing skills – AP style
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All students must be at least 18 years old
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months.
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All candidates must be available from May/June to August/September
- All candidates must be willing to work 18 hours/week
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.