Director, Multimedia Sales (Local - Midwest)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 823345BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 19, 2021
- Plan, direct and help manage the Midwest sales team by providing day-to-day guidance and leadership on sales processes: targeting, prospecting, outreach, meeting prep, client engagement, and pre/post sale stewardship.
- Candidate should have a proven track record of new business development: building and maintaining relationships with clients, agency investment and strategy/planning teams.
- Facilitate timely and thoughtful responses to all avail requests and RFPs to ensure that the DASL portfolio is best represented and utilized, to meet key KPI’s.
- Collaborate with DASL regional offices to maximize revenue opportunities for WLS-TV, ABC Owned Television Stations and Disney/Hulu addressable assets.
- Implement data and research insights that will elevate, enhance, and help close custom campaigns for both linear and addressable.
- Drive a consultative and solutions based sales strategy that empowers our sales team to move with speed, while creating cross-portfolio value for our partners that deliver on key business needs.
- Bring forward expertise and thought leadership on the value of local, the shifting landscape of video viewership and how to leverage data to help clients improve return on investment.
- Collaborate with cross-regional leaders to develop process that creates work-flow efficiencies, while improving our effectiveness in delivering on customer needs.
- Work closely with Midwest regional managers in developing and executing tactical plans to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Partner with DAS’s internal teams including Addressable Enablement, Ad Operations, Revenue Management, Transactional Sales, Business Operations and Client & Brand Solutions and our segment partners, including ESPN, DMED Technology, Finance and others to devise digital ad packages and drive creativity throughout the entire sales process.
- Ensure we have a diverse team and a positive culture of inclusion.
- Solid foundation of media advertising sales or relevant experience and transferrable skills
- Experience in premium TV and addressable advertising sales, understanding and delivering direct and programmatic sales
- Experience with optimized linear and addressable television, as well as experience working with agencies focusing on new media
- Strong understanding of new media technologies
- A change leader that can foster a positive culture and will enable AE’s to deliver revenue
- Experience interfacing with executives, clients and agencies
- Experienced leader of data driven sales managing the sales cycle with advanced campaign measurement and attribution
- Effective Sales Leader with an established history of prospecting new clients, generating leads and closing sales
- Able to simply and compellingly present complex marketing programs to clients. Able to lead brainstorming sessions as the need and situations demand
- Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines; communicate effectively with a range of executives, department teams and clients
- Ability to perform at a high level even when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with difficult or unexpected challenges
- Be willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best outcomes possible • Able to work with data, create solutions and deal with ambiguity
- Ability to travel based on business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.