Director, SalesApply NowApply Later Job ID 978675BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 22, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Leads assigned Account Executives (mentorship, performance, day to day responsibilities)
- Helps define and implement strategic decisions (ex. how team is to be organized, account ownership, how to achieve DAS objectives such as tentpole events, social, digital)
- Plans, directs, controls sales activities for assigned client group
- Accountable for achieving defined sales targets for their assigned client group
- Respond proactively to all requests; guide RFPs to key DAS stakeholders to meet deadlines
- Work with Multimedia VP and Addressable VP to develop and execute on sales strategy
- Partner with DAS’s internal teams (Addressable Enablement, Ad Operations, Revenue Management, Transactional Sales, Business Operations and Client & Brand Solutions and our segment partners, including ESPN, DMED Technology, Finance and others) to devise digital ad packages and drive creativity throughout the entire sales process
- Ensure we have a diverse team and a positive culture of inclusion
- Preferably 10+ years of direct selling experience in advertising sales with relevant sales experience in a media organization
- Experience in premium TV and addressable advertising sales, understanding and delivering direct and programmatic sales (if applicable)
- Experience with optimized linear and addressable television, as well as experience working with agencies focusing on new media
- Strong understanding of new media technologies
- A change leader with experience guiding new teams to deliver revenue
- Experience interfacing with executives, clients and agencies
- Experienced leader of data driven sales managing the sales cycle with advanced campaign measurement and attribution
- Ability to travel based on business needs
- Experience leading through change with impact (demonstrated accountability to further the org by improving its existing culture)
- Effective Sales Leader w/established history of prospecting new clients, generating leads, closing sales
- Able to simply & compellingly present complex marketing programs to clients; lead brainstorming sessions as situations demand
- Manage multiple projects with tight deadlines; communicate effectively with a range of executives, department teams and clients
- Ability to perform at a high level even when faced with unexpected change; creative problem solver in dealing with difficult or unexpected challenges
- Be willing to take risks to ensure creative thinking and the best outcomes possible
- Able to work with data, create solutions and deal with ambiguity
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.