Part Time Multi-Platform Editor - Media SupervisorApply NowApply Later Job ID 873925BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
Responsibilities:The candidate will support our multi-platform newsroom with a strong emphasis on content editing and creation. Specific responsibilities include accurate, fast and efficient non-linear news editing and managing media deadlines for multiple newscasts. This individual will work closely with editors, news producers, executive producers and management to ensure the timely and accurate production of newscasts, special reports, special segments and digital content. As fill-in media supervisor - supervising, assigning news editors and managing edit workflow with newsroom. Good communication skills are imperative.
- Qualified applicants will have significant experience in modern news production techniques including Adobe Premier non-linear edit systems, media asset management (MAM), production automation systems, Dalet systems and network/IP- based media systems.
- Candidates must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, and be proficient verbal and written communicators.
- Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools and procedures to address short and long-term challenges.
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with news production.
- Proficiency in Windows and Mac operating systems, file transcoding and transfer mechanisms, Adobe product line.
Required EducationA college degree or equivalent is required
Additional Information:WLS-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts such as weekends/holidays, and be willing to work extra hours as needed.
No phone calls please.
Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.