Sales Planner, LinearApply NowApply Later Job ID 765452BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Sep. 10, 2020
- Educate and inform both Account Executives and AOAs on agency RFPs, deal building efforts & submissions, including: advertiser needs, compatibility with network content, and other opportunities or risks. Ensure that best efforts are made to concurrently protect interest of the company and the advertiser from plan to post.
- Work with Sales Managers, Account Executives and RYM to create and maintain sales proposals/plans/deals, strategically packaging all networks (Inputting flighting when available as a time sensitive priority. If flighting is n/a, evaluate/reflect realistic weeklies at plan inception, cognizant of DNA, separation, category and other restrictions). Offer only those plans that can successfully run.
- Work closely with Account Executives and AOA to review all deal requirements as they impact viable volume/booking, drive communication/consult with RYM and Traffic, as indicated relative to advertiser deal points impact.
- Ensure working plans are current. Remove plans/units from Pace Working/Hold/Order that are not moving forward. Re-clear plans and communicate any Working risk to the agency and RYM.
- Push Holds to Order on a timely basis. Alert Account Executive of any delays that impact either successful running of the plan OR compromise inventory management.
- Assist the marketing team, tracking and executing marketing elements to ensure agreements are met. Flag problems proactively.
- Communicate with agencies to properly deliver proposals, revisions & answer related questions.
- Regular/proactive stewardship of all deals, including analyzing advertiser delivery, communication with agency and managing all AD efforts (on brand &, cross net) to conclusion/deal satisfaction/Pace close. Ensure QC’d MSAs are externally issue with any needed manual add ons on a timely basis.
- Cover the Ad Operations Associate (AOA) re specific AD booking needs on brand. Direct cost effective AD inventory booking. If cross net is accepted, ensure the AOA pulls back on brand AD scheduled to run.
- Support efforts to PUSH high profile and perishing inventory to AD as requested by RYM, both on network (and cross network if requested)
- Track liability manually (on top of Pace results) at the desk level for all accounts, with scrutiny towards any cross net activity/ensure this information is shared when accounts change hands internally
- Close out all deals that have been satisfied ASAP post quarter close, for deals that are unlikely to take AD (old deals, deals with small under-delivery, deals which have changed agency. Please consult with Finance re acceptability of closing).
- Confirm accuracy of internal reporting for assigned accounts, staying on top of all Orders/Holds/Working business, liability status, flight and programming changes
- Special projects as requested by RYM
- At least 2 years prior agency, network or media experience
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Advanced Excel & Computer Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.