Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Media ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667371BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Media Networks Date posted May. 13, 2019
Job Summary:WLS - TV is seeking an experienced, hands-on manager who will facilitate continued evolution of content production and delivery through multiple services including digital platforms and traditional broadcasts.
Responsibilities:Candidate will participate in conceptualization, design and implementation of new technologies, as well as ongoing operation to support the fast-paced newsroom of the news leader in Chicago. This individual will work closely with editors, news producers, photographers, executive producers and management to ensure the timely and accurate production of newscasts, special reports and special segments. The candidate will assist with the design, implementation and maintenance of workflows between the IT and the News department. Also the candidate will manage media mangers, editors and develop weekly schedules.
- Qualified applicants will have significant experience in modern news production techniques including non-linear edit systems, media asset management (MAM), production automation systems and network/IP- based media systems
- Candidates must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, and be proficient verbal and written communicators
- Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools and procedures to address short and long-term challenges
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills coupled with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- A minimum of 5 yeas’ experience with news production broadcast digital
- Proficiency in Windows and Mac operating systems, file transcoding and transfer mechanisms, Adobe product line
WLS-TV is a 24/7 operation and the candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts such as weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.
A college degree or equivalent is required
Additional Information:No phone calls, please
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.