Sports Sales PlannerApply NowApply Later Job ID 773468BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 12, 2021
- Support a dedicated book(s) of business, managing the RFP process from proposal generation to order entry across assigned Disney brands and business verticals
- Partner internally with Sales and Revenue Management to implement packaging and pricing strategy, as defined by Revenue Management ratecards and guidelines
- Maintain the pipeline in collaboration with your Sales team
- Execute budget revisions including incremental spend, optimizations, makegoods, and cancellations
- Collaborate with various departments, such as Ad Ops, Inventory Analytics, Streaming Solutions and Measurement Solutions to help fulfill a variety of client requests and aid Sales in their proposals
- Partner closely with the Ad Ops team to execute campaigns, maximize delivery against contracted goals, and address client reporting needs
- Collaborate with the Finance team to assist with the billing process
- Communicate effectively with agency contacts to address RFP deliverables and ad hoc requests
- Identify areas for improvement within the pre-sale process and recommend solutions to drive operational efficiencies
- As needed, assist in the preparation and follow-up for client meetings, including the review of industry and account-specific information
- At least 1 year prior work experience; media planning and/or buying experience a plus
- An excitement to work in a collaborative Ad Sales team environment
- A positive demeanor and approach when handling day-to-day tasks
- An ability to effectively problem-solve and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and robust organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working across Microsoft Suite, with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
- Embodies an eager-to-learn attitude with a drive to take on new responsibilities
- Proficiency in media math and terminology is advantageous
- Familiarity of Operative One and TV landscape is beneficial
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.