Weekend Daypart Executive ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744727BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business ABC Date posted Jan. 29, 2020
- Oversee editorial content for weekend newscasts, digital and social platforms, including story selection, production and newsroom management
- Design and implement strategies to engage and build audiences across platforms
- Collaborate with and manage weekend producers and newsroom staff
- Conflict resolution and team engagement to address any issues that may arise in the newsroom
- Manage weekend staffing needs and schedules
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in news production in a major TV market
- Experience managing a team
- Demonstrated ability to work under deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or related field
Additional Information:No phone calls, please.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.