Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Windy City Live Production Internship (WLS-TV) Chicago Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738377BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
Windy City Live is a Chicago based talk show that features celebrities, local stories and everything in-between. Our intern department helps facilitate day to day task relating to the show as well as assisting producers with their shows.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Support the entire production team in its day-to-day operations, as well as work on specific projects including, but not limited to, the following:
- Research on upcoming guests and segment pitches
- Assisting social media across all platforms, including but not limited to cutting clips for YouTube, Instagram story posts, writing tweets and more.
- Greeting guests, make sure they are mic’d and ready for their segment. That any and all releases are signed and that they are present for any rehearsals
- Assisting audience with checking in, seating and giveaway distributions
- Working with director to make daily schedules, production layouts and music cue sheets.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- A strong interest in the Television industry.
- Experience through major or past internships within the T.V. industry.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong Multitasker
- A passion to make the most out of the experience for your future.
- Works well on teams and independently with minimal direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient working on Macs and PCs
- Social Media experience in a professional environment (please list all forms on your resume)
- Highly organized
- One media Internship prior to applying
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
•All students must possess unrestricted work authorization
•All students must be at least 18 years old
• At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring) prior to participation in the internship program – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
•All candidates must be available from May through August
•All candidates must be willing to work 20 hours/week
•All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
•All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.