Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
WLS-TV (ABC 7) Race & Culture News Internship (Remote) – Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 874507BR Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Oct. 12, 2021
The Race and Culture Unit launched in 2020 amid the national awakening on race. The Unit explores the impact of such things as race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation on everyday life. The Unit also aims to expand the diversity of voices included in storytelling as a station.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Assist reporter developing and researching story ideas by reaching out to community
- Follow up on story pitch emails
- Log interviews with use of Dalet
- Help write digital stories
- Conduct Zoom interviews
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Knowledge of how to log interviews, screen calls, and emails
- Some editorial experience determining the focus of the story
- Strong communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Works well on teams and independently with minimal direction
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with the television market
- Junior, Senior, Grad Student or Recent Graduate within six (6) months of graduation at the time of application
- Pursuing a degree, or recently completed a degree, in Communications, Journalism or Broadcast Studies
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
- This internship is a remote internship. Intern must be able to work remotely for the duration of the internship, providing their own computer, reliable internet connection, as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- All students must provide a consistent, reliable work schedule during the session
- This position is remote, and can be located utilizing a dedicated home office that includes reliable internet and phone service
- Must be available from January 2022 through May/June 2022
- Must be willing to work 16-20 hours each week
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.