WLS, Weekend Morning Newscast ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10038461 Location Chicago, Illinois, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Jan. 19, 2023
ABC7/WLS, the ABC Owned Television station in Chicago, IL is seeking an energetic, creative producer for our weekend morning newscasts.
- In addition to crafting a fast paced, visually compelling show, the producer is responsible for booking guests and creating relevant feature segments that will be of interest to weekend morning news viewers.
- The producer will communicate with reporters about the focus and format of their stories.
- The producer will be responsible for creating some graphics and editing video at their desktop.
- The producer will also work as a newswriter, working on various newscasts 3 days a week.
- Minimum of 3 years newscast producing experience in a medium to large market.
- Must have rock solid news judgment and aggressive when it comes to covering breaking news.
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates consistent use of social media in all parts of newscast creation from story selection to on-air presentation.
- Able to work unpredictable hours and work under deadline pressure.
- The weekend morning producer role includes weekend/overnight hours.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- This is a NABET-represented position.
- Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.