Already applied??View Dashboard
Disney English Foreign Trainer in China - ESL Teacher
Since the opening of our flagship center in Shanghai in 2008, Disney English has grown across China, opening our doors to children and shaping their love for learning. Join the team that provides an award-winning academic curriculum designed to engage and teach children the way they learn; through stories, songs, characters, and above all – fun! We’re looking for passionate, out-going, English speaking, English as a Second Language teachers. You’ll get to discover a new culture, inspire children to learn a new language, and grow and develop your own skills in ways you never dreamed. It's all possible at Disney English.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What are the qualifications that will help you achieve success at Disney English?
- Expressive Presenter
- Relationship Expertise
- Technologically Savvy
Be open-minded and ready to learn! Disney English takes care of you and your development so you can definitely grow as a teacher and as a professional. And be ready to laugh and have fun!Ana, Language Learning Director
Everyone at Disney English socializes and it's so easy to make friends quickly.Gwen, Senior Foreign Trainer
Give yourself time. Moving into a different culture to live and work is a BIG deal! The rewards are enormous and come in time.Genavieve, Senior Foreign Trainer
Job Summary:Your adventure with Disney starts now, come and see how far we can take you!
We’re looking for passionate, out-going, English speaking, English as a Second Language (ESL) teachers. You’ll get to discover a new culture, inspire children to learn a new language, and grow and develop your own skills in ways you never dreamed. It's all possible at Disney English.
Our Foreign Trainers (ESL teachers) …
- Provide a highly engaging and effective English learning experience to children between 3-12 years old through the delivery of innovative and immersive Disney educational content
- Use immersive learning techniques such as storytelling, singing, dialogue and role-playing, in combination with formal exercises
- Work a 40 hour work week (20-25 contact teaching hours) including evenings and weekends
- Measure progress and educational results
- Build strong relationships with parents and keep them “in-the-know” on their child’s journey.
- Completed bachelor degree or above
- English language fluency in speaking, reading, and writing
- Able to communicate with young learners where English is not their first language
- A flexible “can do” attitude and flexible approach to working
- Passion for Disney and working with young children
What we offer:
- Salaries start at 11,000 RMB per month dependent on qualifications/experience
- Monthly housing allowance up to 4,850 RMB
- Resettlement allowance of 7,000 RMB
- Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend toward return trip
- Three weeks hotel accommodation provided upon arrival in China
- Health, dental, paid sick and vacation time
- Robust academic training including assistance obtaining a TEFL certification as well as a Rosetta Stone Mandarin license
- Various Disney discounts* including a limited theme parks admission pass
*Benefits subject to change
Disney will give you the opportunity to learn, grow, teach and lead – apply now!
About Disney English:
Experience a new culture while giving kids the gift of English! With locations across China, the Disney English program uses the "Disney Immersive Storytelling Approach," which utliizes Disney characters to make learning more fun. Our teachers engage children (ages 2-12) the way they naturally learn, through song, interactive games, role-play and above all, fun! Disney English teachers are well-supported with classroom materials/plans, as well as with help settling into expat life; those who want to experience more of China can often transfer to different cities. Through Disney English, educators get the experience of a lifetime while teaching students life-long skills.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney English Training (Shanghai) Company Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney English.
Medical and dental insurance coverage provided
Obtain a TEFL certification, develop professional and personal skills in and out of the classroom and learn Mandarin with Rosetta Stone
Immerse yourself in local culture and discover new regions during regular days off and on holidays
Complimentary Disney theme park admission
Explore Shanghai Disneyland and select Disney Parks around the world with a limited theme park admission pass
FLIGHT TO CHINA
Paid airfare to China and a monthly travel stipend towards your return trip
See how you can advance your career within the Disney English organization:
THINGS TO KNOW
Click to expand each infographic below to help you be ready for your adventure in China!