Remote Ops Producer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 10016142 Location Connecticut, United States / Remote, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 04, 2022
This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
In this role, the Remote Operations Producer oversees the operational and technical aspects of assigned sport categories. Incumbent will be required to manage and interpret the application of technical, operational, and cost standards, and their impact on the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of assigned events.
- Oversees all operational and technical aspects of assigned sports.
- Provides guidance and training to Event Operations staff, including Operations Coordinators.
- As an on-site supervisor of personnel, makes sure that ESPN Workplace Conduct and Safety Policies are followed.
- Ensures that appropriate timelines are met for technical and financial planning.
- Manages all on-site activity with crew, including the approval of time-entry, travel, and overtime.
- Is responsible for addressing performance issues while on-site with crew, as necessary. Responsible for vetting and authorizing any of the identification provided by event-payrolled personnel assigned.
- Assumes control of all communications involving specific sport assignments as it relates to all vendors, league, and governing bodies.
- Manages the interpretation and application of technical, operational and cost standards that may impact the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of assigned events.
- Maintains a working knowledge of High Definition broadcast standards present and future developments.
- Works very closely with ESPN staff on maintaining proper education for everyone working on the remote production team.
- Communicates daily with Event Production leadership on all aspects of the sport category.
- Attends industry events as it relates to the sport category.
- Works with ESPN Finance on creation and maintenance of budgets.
- Assists in development and implementation of new technologies for sport category.
Basic Qualifications :
- Minimum of 5-years of related technical and/or operational planning, on-site management and procurement experience.
- Has in-depth awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
- Has in-depth knowledge of organization, procurement, financial, and logistics planning related to show creation.
- Higher working knowledge of High Definition technology, and how it is used between remote operations and studio operations.
- Has awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication, and negotiating skills.
- Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN’s and ABC Sports remote operations functions.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcast.
- Administers to proper hiring and payment policies.
- Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
- Maintains communication flow with peers in sharing best practices and maximizing contractor contacts.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Has working knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN’s remote operations functions.
- Has an understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
- Thorough knowledge of PC databases, Word, Excel, and related software.
Required Education :
- High School Diploma
Preferred Education :
- Bachelor's Degree or Technical School degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field
- The hiring range for this remote position is $97,088 to $130,240 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.