Associate Producer, International ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 913885BR Location Coral Gables, Florida, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 06, 2022
- Solid AP for studio show, solid AD for live game coverage in PCR, PD Room and remote environments.
- Utilizes latest production techniques and available technologies to produce top class content and drive ratings growth.
- Regularly generates and pitches viable and compelling content ideas to supervisors and events/shows heads in production meetings and elsewhere.
- Operates with mastery in the digital environment, maximizing server capabilities and utilizing q-cut systems.
- Remains current with the worldwide news and uses information resources to support productions and ensure accuracy.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms.
- Supports game productions and studio shows by proactively providing content, ideas and suggestions arising from assigned games.
- Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively with different facilities and ability to build strong relationships with our different parties globally.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to develop action plans on a weekly basis consisting of goals and strategies to achieve articulated vision guided by CP/Producers.
- Oversees the scheduling of facilities for programming across all networks.
- Regularly interacts with several ESPN Departments including, but not limited to: Networks Traffic, Network Control, Transmission, Content Screening, Compliance Team, Operations and Facilities, Event and Studio Production, Commercial Operations,
- Responsible for the handling and trafficking of sensitive information (budgetary, fee-related, etc.).
- Responsible for the tracking of production-related expenses (i.e. invoices, travel bookings, talent usages, overtime management, footage and photo usage) to ensure/improve fiscal responsibility.
- Applies ingenuity, creativity, analytical and organizational skills to identify and evaluate alternatives and to develop or participate in developing the logistical aspects and content of assigned sports/shows.
- Position requires some travel for big events, including overseas travel.
- During Production peak times, remains accessible and is often required to work non-traditional days/hours.
- Thorough knowledge of current television production technologies and applies knowledge to produce compelling content.
- Minimum 2 years practical production experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking/writing skills.
- Thrives on deadlines, delivering high quality, accurate work in pressure situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of US and International Sports
- Stays current with technological advances in animation, video editing and graphics; has experience producing teases, segments, roll-outs and highlights for assigned productions and shows.
- Understands what content is compelling and relevant to shows, and actively suggests appropriate ideas.
- Strong knowledge of US Hispanic television sports market.
- Experience in editing montages, teases, sales features, promotions, roll-out, and special animation elements for assigned game productions.
- Experience producing segments, features and other elements for studio shows.
- Strong ability to edit words, content, and stats as well as be able to write clearly and concisely under pressure in live broadcast environment.
- Expert editorial skills, sports knowledge and news judgment to shape and enhance storylines using graphics and strong ability to check and proof content for grammar, spelling, clarity and impact under tight deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail is a necessity.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to show leadership, to drive content and to leverage relationships by working collaboratively with team members.
- Must possess demonstrated communication skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that continually arise and are subject to change.
- Flexible attitude towards constantly changing work conditions and environment.
- Strong understanding of, and appreciation for, Hispanic culture.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.