Post Production ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 980085BR Location Culver City, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Streaming encompasses the teams leading the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ streaming services within Disney’s Media & Entertainment Distribution group. We sit at the intersection between entertainment, sports, and technology and seek to connect viewers with the stories they love, while driving the streaming industry forward with consumer-first innovation.
Eastham Studios is a cutting-edge production team that creates digital content for an on-demand audience. Located in a state-of-the-art facility with best-in-class production tools, Eastham Studios is a team that consists of award winning producers, editors, and animators.
The role of the Post Production Manager at Eastham Studios is to outline, support and oversee individual projects as they move through the post production pipeline. From the onset of a production request to the point of project archival, the Post Production Manager has touch points all along the way to ensure that all of our deadlines are being met. They perform a variety of tasks that help streamline the Post Production pipeline and maximize productivity including project scheduling, recruiting new freelance post staff, setting deliverable standards, identifying bottlenecks and inefficiencies, researching new post technologies and services and working with the Manager, Post Production Operations and Supervisor, Post Production Technology to deploy them.
- Create Post Production schedules and track Post Production calendar. Keep a close eye on the projects in the Post Production pipeline using Airtable, stepping in when a project falls behind. Attending new production Kick Off Calls.
- Working with Production Management and Post Production Coordinator to open, track and allocate resources to Post Production budgets. Finding /reaching out to new prospective freelance Editors, Assistant Editors, VFX and MoGFX Editors.
- Instruct the Post Production team on how to archive projects properly, ensuring all assets are properly named so that we can track them in the future. Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of files. Set and manage deliverable standards.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, defining and deploying the Post Production processes and guidelines. Foresee any issue that might impede, stall or delay an editor’s work and find creative solutions to fix them.
- Collaborate with various internal teams such as production, content marketing, legal, accounting, and visual development. Provide consistent communication and support to production partners through the entire project life cycle.
- At least 4+ years of prior Post Production experience within a digital or traditional media environment
- At least 2 years of relevant management or project management experience
- Intensely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work professionally, calmly and creatively in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- A self-starter who instinctively takes charge, has a positive ‘team player’ approach, and is comfortable in a dynamic and rapidly evolving, matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven skills in creativity, problem-solving, follow-through, attention to detail, and priority setting
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite experience required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.