Sr Manager, Brand & DEIApply NowApply Later Job ID 963034BR Location Culver City, California, United States / Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 04, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
This role would be responsible for overseeing and leading the ongoing development of Creative Brand Guidelines and Best Practices across the Disney, Pixar, and Disney+ digital brands. This includes platform best practices for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Disney.com. This role is inclusive of emerging platforms, being involved in the beginning stages of new content and platforms in order to shape brand creative and standards.
This role would work alongside the Sr. Managers of Creative Production to continue to shape and advise ongoing DE&I content, brand creative for all brands and platforms, and to develop new and exciting formats within brand and D&I guidelines. They will Provide a brand creative lens in content reviews across brands and platforms at the concept phase, scripting phase, and final review phases, weighing in on brand creative safety and guidelines.
This role would also oversee the Diversity & Inclusion Content Marketing Manager, implementing best practices and new processes for ensuring content across brands and platforms has D&I top of mind and at the forefront of content creation.
This also includes managing the Disney.com and Creative Production writing staff, as well as the brand standards Copy Editor, who maintains copy editing, script formatting, and copy standards across brands. This includes long and short form content across brands and platforms, including overseeing and reviewing all pitches and scripts from writing staff. This role should also be prepared to write scripts for longer form/higher visibility social content where applicable
This role will lead relationships with business units, brands, D&I, and Employee Resource Groups across the company to consistently monitor and adapt to ongoing brand standards and social climate, contributing to the broader organization goals to increase diversity in marketing creative and execution.
This role should be passionate about Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts, the Disney, Pixar, and Disney+ brands, as well as all brands under the Disney umbrella. This role will also be a champion for innovation, respect, balance and positivity in the workplace. Collaboration will be key, along with a positive, problem-solving attitude in complex and fast-paced situations.
As the creative brand advisor, Sr. Manager, Creative Brand and Development will greatly contribute to the success and marketing objectives of the Digital Content team, and become a key player in increasing Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity across all content, growth across platforms, heightening the team’s ability to pivot to emerging platforms, and ensuring the ongoing brand standards consumers expect from our digital content.
- Review, approve, and advise on concepts and scripts across the Disney, Pixar, and Disney+ digital brands on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and emerging platforms from a brand creative and D&I lens
- Shape, maintain, and advise ongoing brand guidelines and best practices for the Disney, Pixar, and Disney+ digital brands and above platforms, to develop new and exciting formats within brand and D&I guidelines.
- Manage, guide, and develop team talent including the D&I Lead, Copy Editing Lead, and Writing Staff to inform day-to-day processes and best practices to achieve business and team goals.
- 8+ years of experience in a related field – brand and content strategy, brand best practices, creative digital content, and project management, ideally in digital media and entertainment.
- Experienced manager, adept at leading teams through high volume of work on a regular basis, and capable of managing multiple projects at once
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Diplomatic mindset and proven ability to work well in a team environment and across a matrixed organization.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to identify and execute on opportunities to heighten brand creative across the Disney umbrella.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and communicate with other managers and/or team members.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Proven track record of delivering growth, innovation, and brand safety from multiple digital marketing platforms and brands.
- Experience leading cross-functional team alignment and brand planning.
- A strong communicator with a positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done.
- Passion for the Disney and Disney+ umbrella and brands.
- Passion for digital media and creative content.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.