Supervisor, Post Production TechnologyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711184BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 07, 2019
The Supervisor of Post Production Technology role for our Eastham Studios requires the ability to work in a fast-paced and creative environment, with excellent skills in collaboration, communication, and innovation. Most importantly, they must be proactive, manage stress well and be knowledgeable of the latest video post-production technologies.
Eastham Studios is a cutting-edge production team that creates digital content for an on-demand audience. Located in a state-of-the-art facility with best in class production tools, Eastham Studios is a team that consists of award-winning producers, editors, and animators.
The Eastham Studios Post Production department is tasked with creating the best in class digital content that covers the entire spectrum from short form, narrative, unscripted and animation. This content finds its audience across the myriad of Disney digital online properties and will also be prominently featured in the upcoming direct to consumer platform that will be launching soon.
- The Post Technology Supervisors primary responsibility is to provide technical support for a post-production environment with 40 video edit work stations (primarily Adobe CS/Mac based), 1.5 PB storage environment (Quantum StorNext/Netapp), Google cloud archive, and 7 animation workstations (Mac based). This support encompasses repairs, maintenance, upgrades, new installations and management of the edit computer disc image.
- Manage Telestream Vantage enterprise encoding system by creating workflows that maximize post production efficiency
- Implement a ticketing system to help us track issues and document any changes to the post environment
- Manage Mac and Windows desktop computers to create consistent disk images across all edit work stations
- Assist in the management of our Media Asset Management (MAM) Reach Engine systems and their web interfaces, connectivity, backup, archive, and restore functions for those systems.
- Evaluate potential technical workflow and stability improvements.
- Train staff on new systems and current workflow.
- Advise best practices for file management, data protection/security and archive.
- Document equipment and procedures
- Any and all duties as assigned by management
- 5 years of experience working in an enterprise technology environment supporting Mac operating systems
- 5 years SAN administration experience (Preferred – Quantum StorNext)
- 5 years of experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere, FCP7 and Avid
- 5 years of experience building Vantage workflows
- VFX application support experience: Maya, Nuke, and Adobe packages
- DaVinci Color Resolve experience
- Experience with both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NAS, SAN)
- SAN integration and cable management a plus
- Internet video live streaming experience a plus
- Ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated
- Must be comfortable with a flexible matrixed reporting structure
- Have excellent communication skills: written and spoken (including the ability to assist non-technical staff with complex technical issues)
- Flexibility of schedule is needed. Some weekend work may be necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or media technology field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later