Assistant Manager - Product DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 856503BR Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 06, 2021
Responsibilities:Working closely with and supervised by the Product Development lead, this role has the following responsibilities:
- Drive all stages of the product development process from concept to final product in an effective and timely manner
- Act as brand guardian to ensure that product development and designs adhere to Disney’s brand standards and guidelines. Ensure quality is aligned with Disney standards
- Manage local licensees from a product approval standpoint and establish a strong, open and transparent relationship to be able to constantly improve their product portfolio & offer. Share best practices and ideas to inspire partners to drive new and innovative opportunities
Permanently educate licensees to ensure understanding of all the available Disney tools (DMC, OPA, branding and packaging guidelines)
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of Disney’s, Marvel’s Lucas (Star Wars) and Twentieth Century characters (old & new) to ensure a relevant application following consumer segment, trend and / or product opportunity
Understand local business strategies and objectives to ensure product development is in line with business expectations. Drive product innovation according to market positioning & marketing segmentation defined by commercial team counterpart, collaborating and driving the licensees to evolve into new areas of business.
- Work closely with the new business team designing compelling proposals on both hardlines ( toys, CE, food, health and beauty) and soft lines ( apparel, accessories and footwear) to pitch to new partners across MENA, in order to generate new business opportunities
- Support and collaborate with product development teams both locally and regionally on presentations, design toolkits, pitches, projects and sizzles where required.
- Present seasonal trends, seasonal guides & new products development initiatives where required
- Identify trends and apply this information information to guide the PD process with the relevant partners to continuously ensure the development of compelling products. Provide local & regional team with timely updates on product development & new initiatives
- Product design background – ideally from a licensing consumer products background in both hard lines ( toys, CE, food, health and beauty) and soft lines ( apparel, accessories and footwear
- Excellent graphic design capabilities.
- Innovative and capable of bringing forth ideas and concepts that deliver strong results
- A brand focused individual with strong commercial awareness
- Good understanding of product development process in manufacturing, print, and fabrication techniques for fashion, branding and packaging.
- Good project management skills, able to manage multiple projects at any given time and work well under pressure
- Proficient in relevant design programs and tools using Mac: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D rendering software, Keynotes/PowerPoint. Other creative program expertise is desirable.
- Able to take ownership of work
- Pursues excellence with integrity and has a strong attention to detail
- A team player with a high level of enthusiasm in collaborating across teams. Understands the dynamics and challenges in a fast growing & multicultural environment
- Good presentation skills and the ability effectively convey design ideas to internal & external stakeholders
- Organized & Self-autonomous with ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
- Ability to deliver against deadlines & to manage multiple projects simultaneously in various stages
- Experience and professional qualification required
- Degree in relevant design role
- 5 years’ experience in a design and ideally licensing position
- Experience working in a multi- national, company of scale
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to multi-task within a small, fast paced & dynamic group
- Excellent command of English and understanding of Arabic language a plus
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.