Director, Disney+ MENAApply NowApply Later Job ID 860556BR Location Dubai, United Arab Emirates Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Vice President & Country Manager for MENA, this person will be a key member of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for the overall commercial performance of Disney+ in market, with immediate focus on the launch and rapid growth of Disney+. This leadership role will be accountable for subscriber acquisition, subscriber engagement and retention, net subscriber growth, and revenue and P&L performance.
This role will partner and collaborate with the Marketing Director to plan, measure and optimise brand & content marketing and campaign performance to drive subscriber growth.
The role will help build the company’s capability in all aspects of direct-to-consumer commercial operations and performance to establish a best-in-class digital commerce.
- Lead the annual planning process for Disney+ in MENA region to develop plans that deliver against the target P&L, and maximise net subscriber growth, working closely with finance, strategy and marketing teams, and establishing best practice planning principles and process
- Lead the quarterly planning process, refining phasing of targets and spend to optimise in-quarter performance against subscriber growth, revenue and profit targets
DTC subscriber acquisition
- Lead the DTC subscriber acquisition strategy and operations for Disney+ in MENA region
- Lead overall marketing and media strategy to optimise consumer awareness, appeal and growth, working closely with the Marketing Director
- Manage the overall subscriber acquisition budget, leading the local media planning and execution of performance marketing campaigns across channels and partners to deliver subscriber acquisition targets through the most effective channel mix and cost per acquisition (CPA)
- Work closely with the regional performance marketing team in London to optimise performance channels and ensure analytics, campaign tracking, and test and learn initiatives are in place
Partner commercial performance
- Work closely with our existing partners to deliver subscriber acquisition targets through integrated campaign planning, optimised customer journeys, and effective execution of promotional (redemption-based) campaigns
- Work closely with our existing partners to maximise in-life subscriber engagement, satisfaction and retention
- Work closely with the regional partnership team to inform new and ongoing partner selection and commercial terms
Customer engagement and retention
- Lead on all local customer lifecycle engagement and activities, across on-boarding, early life, at risk and win-back
- Optimise local in-app merchandising to drive maximum engagement, including publishing regular service updates and daily/weekly optimization of titles within homepage
- Oversee all customer engagement communications across email, push notifications, in-app pop-ups, and user interface tactics
- Deliver overall local ‘churn’ targets, including save rates and win-back metrics
- Work closely with regional customer engagement team to optimise local plans and share successes and learnings across the region
- This role requires deep experience in digital commerce and subscription businesses, combined with the ability to build high performing teams and work effectively and collaboratively with peers in London, local markets, and US.
- Significant experience in digital commerce, with strong track record in an executive level role delivering substantial commercial targets and budgets
- Extensive consumer marketing experience, including full funnel demand generation and through the line media strategy and planning
- Direct experience of subscriber management and CRM, ideally within the broader media landscape
- Strategic thinker with strong communication skills
- Proven leadership experience of building, developing and motivating high performing teams
- Highly analytical mind-set and data-driven approach to delivering results
- The right collaborative, influencing and relationship building skills to be effective in a large global matrix organisation
Additional Information:Some travel may be required.
Applications will close on Monday 27 September 2021.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.