Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Studio Marketing & Publicity InternApply Now Apply Later Job ID 748703BR Location Dublin, Leinster, Ireland Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 20, 2020
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
We are looking for a Studio Marketing and Publicity Intern to join us at Disney’s Studio Motion Pictures location in Dublin. In this role you will primarily be assisting the marketing and publicity team which is responsible for distributing and marketing Disney content (and related studios) in Ireland.
The start date for this role will be Monday 15 June 2020.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide support via campaigns, publicity and event management
- Production of campaign reports for internal use.
- Administration support on marketing budgets and marketing related SAP.
- Preparation of locally relevant decks (including national/Irish research) for external pitching and communications with trade, promotional & media partners.
- Supporting all appropriate marketing, publicity & event activity.
- General administration duties.
As well as the core role described above – other key areas of responsibility will include supporting the wider Marketing teams company-wide (across other lines of business) as part of the Studio marketing teams ‘Irish Experts’ role which can involve:
- Work with the lines of business based in Ireland to maximize their results.
- Work with other lines of business based outside Ireland as requested by GM and when launching or expanding business.
- Working on Integrated Marketing initiatives.
- You’ll support the General Manager in helping grow the Disney brand and business in Ireland including marketing and publicity support in planning; research and reporting of incremental business opportunity and activity.
Note: The position involves working regular evening and weekend events due to the nature of the work.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education
- MUST have the right to work in (Republic of) Ireland
- Be studying towards a related degree e.g. Marketing, Media or Business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good at prioritising and a natural ability to tackle various admin duties
- A passion for Marketing and/or publicity
- A knowledge of the film & entertainment industry
What we Offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with Disney and help build the foundations of your future career.
- Learn from the best in fantastic team environment.
- Participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes.
- Annual salary of €22,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays) and discounts at the Disney Store and on Disney products and shows available in Ireland.
These roles offer fantastic exposure to a wide range of responsibilities and will be an excellent springboard for your future career in marketing and publicity.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter. Please note, applications without covering letters will not be considered.
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship? Please include any Marketing experience or skills including Digital Marketing?
- Why should the Disney team choose you for the next 12 months?
Application Deadline: 29 March, 2020
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).