Assignment Editor, WTVDApply NowApply Later Job ID 774519BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 17, 2021
- Work closely with News managers and producers on coordination of daily editorial content, including story coverage and development for broadcast and digital
- Play a key role in execution of daily editorial plan, including coordination of story assignments and communicating information to reporters and photographers
- Display high level of ethics, empathy, professionalism and act as primary contact for in-field newsroom staff for assignments and story coverage
- Actively identify and generate original high-impact stories that reflect the diversity of our audience and develop follow-ups through means such as court documents, police scanners, social media, viewer emails and other sources.
- Assists reporters and producers, as needed, in gathering information and developing/following up on stories
- Contribute content to all platforms including creating, writing and publishing stories for both broadcast and digital platforms and producing digital live streams
- Maintain a presence on social media
- Working knowledge of digital workflow in producing and posting content
- Strong team player who interacts in a positive, ethical, empathetic and productive way with other employees and the general public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent multiplatform and multi-tasking skills and able to quickly adapt and make decisions quickly
- Strong logistical skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Flexible and available to work various shifts as needed, including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of Dalet and various newsroom programs
- Previous assignment desk, including coordinating movements of reporters and photographers, and/or digital producer experience is strongly preferred
- Experience producing content across linear and digital platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field a plus
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.