Assignment EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10017730 Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Sep. 15, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
ABC11/WTVD, the ABC Owned Television station in Raleigh-Durham-Fayetteville, NC has an immediate opening for an Assignment Editor to join our multiplatform content team. This individual is a critical member of our newsroom and will be responsible for coordinating assignments for news coverage and stories as well as contribute story ideas and content for both digital, streaming, and broadcast. The candidate will have a high degree of ethics, empathy, professionalism, function well under pressure, and have strong multi-platform and multi-tasking skills. ABC11 is committed to recruiting and retaining employees who reflect the communities we serve, at all levels of the company. We expect our employees to have a high degree of ethics and a strong ability to work as a team while displaying empathy and inclusion. We also strive to create content that authentically engages and connects with our diverse audience.
- Work closely with news managers and producers on coordination of daily editorial content, including story coverage and development for broadcast and digital.
- Play a key role in the execution of the daily editorial plan, including coordination of story assignments and communicating information to reporters and photographers.
- Display a high level of ethics, empathy, and professionalism and act as primary contact for in-field newsroom staff for assignments and story coverage.
- Actively identify and generate original high-impact stories that reflect the diversity of our audience and develop follow-ups through means such as court documents, police scanners, social media, viewer emails, and other sources.
- Assists reporters and producers, as needed, in gathering information and developing/following up on stories
- Contribute content to all platforms including creating, writing, and publishing stories for both broadcast and digital platforms and producing digital live streams.
- Working knowledge of digital workflow in producing and posting content
- Strong team player who interacts in a positive, ethical, empathetic, and productive way with other employees and the general public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Excellent multiplatform and multi-tasking skills and able to quickly adapt and make decisions quickly
- Strong logistical skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Flexible and available to work various shifts as needed, including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of Dalet and various newsroom programs
- Previous assignment desk experience, including coordinating logistics of reporters and photographers, and/or digital producer experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field a plus
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.