Digital Producer - WTVDApply NowApply Later Job ID 854940BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 08, 2021
Are you self-motivated and do you excel in breaking news? Do you know how to grow digital audiences with new and innovative ideas? Do you have experience in web publishing and social media? If so, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have a high degree of ethics, empathy and professionalism and will be able to function well under pressure.
***MUST be open to shifts outside of regular business hours (may include weekends)
- Curate digital content for all of ABC11’s digital platforms, including but not limited to website, news app, streaming app and social media
- React and respond to breaking news quickly and accurately
- Identify compelling stories that will resonate with our diverse audiences
- Actively participate in editorial planning and pitch stories daily
- Must demonstrate good writing, editing and headline skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Monitor analytics in real time to assess the effectiveness of content presentation and adjust as necessary
- Develop strong working relationship with other departments while displaying empathy and inclusion
- Using SEO (search engine optimization) to increase unique visitors and video starts
- Will report to the Digital Executive Producer/Manager of Digital Strategy
- Minimum of two years of experience that includes editor of a news web site
- Must understand basic journalism legal principles
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Solid news judgement
- Working knowledge of online content-management systems preferred
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Social Media, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter
- AP style
- Experience with analytics for both social media and websites
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.