Already applied?View Dashboard
Digital ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 685539BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 26, 2019
Job Summary:ABC11 WTVD-TV - the Disney-owned television station in Raleigh/Durham - is looking for a full-time Digital Producer to lead and inspire the next phase of our digital transformation.
Are you self-motivated and do you excel in breaking news? Do you know how to grow digital audiences with new and innovative ideas? Do you have experience in web publishing and social media? If so, we want to hear from you.
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES
- Produce digital content for all of ABC11’s digital content, including but not limited to website, app and social media
- React and respond to breaking news quickly and accurately
- Identify compelling stories of interest to our local audience
- Must demonstrate good writing, editing and headline skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily
- Monitor analytics in real time to assess the effectiveness of content presentation
- Develop strong working relationship with anchors and reporters
- Using SEO (search engine optimization) to increase page views and unique visitors
- Will report to the Digital Executive Producer
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- College degree preferred along with two years of experience. Prefer background that includes editor of a news web site
- Must understand basic journalism legal principles
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Solid news judgement
- Working knowledge of online content-management systems preferred
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop
- Nonlinear editing experience
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Social Media, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and Snapchat
- AP style
- Experience with analytics for both social media and websites
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.