Already applied?View Dashboard
Director of Multi-Platform Content (non-news)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 576500BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Sep. 21, 2018
Job Summary:ABC11/WTVD, the abc owned station in the fast growing Raleigh-Durham market, is looking for a Director of Multiplatform Content (non-news). This person will be responsible for everything from broadcast specials to digital series, from parades to social town halls. This is a hands-on position! Candidate must have experience producing content on broadcast and digital platforms, and know how to evaluate broadcast and digital analytics to inform content decisions. Must be creative, highly organized, and fast. Must also be nimble, flexible, and a good team player. Person will:
- Oversee/executive produce all non-news content on all platforms, including local events & lifestyle, special broadcasts, digital verticals, and sales content.
- Be responsible for setting data-driven content strategies and priorities for all platforms, including what’s produced and how the content is distributed by a new modern multi-platform local media organization
- Work directly with the news director to coordinate content and ensure proper allocation of resources to maximize use across platforms
- Work directly with the Sales teams to maximize revenue opportunities from premium and integrated content deals
- Work directly with the Audience Development team on best content for growth and distribution
- Supervise and work directly with content creators and content initiatives, both inside and outside the station.
- Develop and cultivates content partnerships
- In conjunction with the news director, drive transformation and a shifting of the workforce to multi-platform content first
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.