Executive Producer, Digital - WTVDApply NowApply Later Job ID 794533BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Aug. 11, 2021
Are you a dedicated journalist who can coach others? Do you thrive at developing multi-platform audience? Can you interpret analytics and use them to make editorial decisions? Do you have innovative ideas to help us optimize content for each screen?
The successful candidate will have a high degree of ethics, empathy and professionalism and will be able to function well under pressure.
WHO YOU ARE:
- An effective champion for digital media initiatives
- Strategic on all digital platforms – able to pivot quickly and adjust multi-platform strategy based on changes in the industry
- A data enthusiast who uses analytics to make informed decisions
- Multi-tasker with demonstrated leadership and skills in managing resources
- Excellent communicator, motivator, delegator, and able to foster teamwork and collaboration while displaying empathy and inclusion
- Remind staff continually about best practices and encourage both casual and formal training
- Using insights to drive editorial and strategic decision making for the digital team and the newsroom as a whole and create accountability for the results
- Assist in leading our newsroom to develop workflows that deliver our content 24/7 across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen and reflective of the diversity of our audience
- Working with other newsroom leaders to create synergy across all platforms on station content
- Managing social and multi-platform strategy for station accounts
- Managing the look and feel of station's digital brand online
- Owning breaking news and the big stories with speed and accuracy and growing new opportunities in our multi-media environment
- Collaborate with content makers to maximize the sharing of our content in a multi-platform way
- Coach and mentor the news team in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
- Using SEO (search engine optimization) to increase page views and unique visitors through Google, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in audience development/news
- Must have experience analyzing audience data (Omniture, Google Analytics etc.) and identifying trends
- Must have a deep understanding of social strategy and SEO with the desire to keep up with emerging platforms
- Must understand basic journalism legal principles
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Working knowledge of online content-management systems required
- Nonlinear editing experience
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficient with AP style
- Bachelor’s Degree (related degree preferred in Journalist, TV/Production, etc.)
- Prefer background that includes editor of a news website
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.