Executive Producer - WTVDApply NowApply Later Job ID 840200BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business ABC Owned TV Stations Date posted Aug. 09, 2021
Our ideal candidate is a news gatherer with a deep understanding of linear and digital storytelling. This role calls for a person who has a passion to drive and produce in-depth storylines, artfully written, structured and crafted into high-impact content. There will be a heavy emphasis on story structure and high production value. We want an editorial leader and critical thinker who can manage content in conjunction with other news managers.
The Executive Producer will have a passion for compelling content and ensure it meets ABC11 Eyewitness News’ standard for journalistic integrity. The candidate will inspire the news team to produce enterprise content across all platforms for a diverse audience.
- Excellent writing skills, possess solid news judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Champions a highly collaborative, diverse culture that promotes idea generation, open communication and respect for others
- Collaborate with Assignment Editors, Producers and Reporters on multi-platform breaking news coverage
- Supervise newscasts and producers and provide consistent feedback by setting goals and tracking progress
- Copy edit scripts
- Multitask and solve problems under pressure
- Interact with ABC Owned Television Stations and ABC News partners to develop relationships that lead to story ideas
- Plan coverage for major events
- At least 5 years' local TV newscast producing experience preferred
- A college degree or equivalent
About ABC Owned TV Stations:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.