IT Systems Administrator
Durham, NC - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 668090BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business Media Networks Date posted 15/05/2019
- Installation, configuration, and daily maintenance/troubleshooting of IT systems
- Routine system patches/upgrades and hardware/software configurations
- Provide operational support for end-users; respond to help desk tickets and calls
- Interface with third party vendors and support technicians
- Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management
- Adhere to Disney IT policies and best practices in a broadcast environment
Qualifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess strong IT/networking and problem-solving skills.
- Be a self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team.
- Be project oriented, organized and able to show a proven record of accomplishment of previously executed projects from concept to completion.
- Demonstrate the ability to pivot and manage changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Be willing to expand their knowledge with broadcast industry concepts/technologies.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
WTVD-TV is a 24/7 operation and the successful candidate may be required to work non-traditional shifts, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed. Candidate should be able to lift and carry equipment as necessary.
Experience with the following platforms/technologies is preferred:
- McAfee ePO and associated products
- Microsoft SCCM & Active Directory
- VMWare ESXi and vCenter
- Cisco UCS, VoIP, and Layer 2 Switching
- Palo Alto Firewalls
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Television Production, Broadcast Automation Systems and related equipment
- Newsroom NRCS/MAM Systems
- Adobe Creative Software Products
A degree in a technical related field, appropriate certifications, and/or equivalent experience.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.