Meteorologist, WTVDApply NowApply Later Job ID 775781BR Location Durham, North Carolina, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Mar. 15, 2021
We want a self-starter and storyteller who can work effectively with our First Alert Weather team to create compelling weather and climate content on all platforms. The meteorologist must be a dynamic communicator and strong leader with the ability to authentically engage and connect with a diverse audience. The person will have the ability to move the audience between linear and digital platforms. The meteorologist will participate in the editorial decision-making process as it relates to weather content and coverage and will be expected to develop community relationships to expand the connections between the station and the community.
- Exceptional knowledge of the weather and ability to forecast, create on-air graphics, and present weather segments multiple times daily across linear, digital and social platforms
Superior on-camera presentation
- Ability to research, write and report climate related stories for linear, digital and social platforms
Possess solid judgment and ethical decision-making skills
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the community, which includes representing the station and participating at various community events
- Inspires with humility and inclusive behaviors
- Subject matter expertise in telling high impact stories in breaking weather coverage, and ability to demonstrate this from the studio and in the field
- Active in using social media for promotion and news gathering
- Willingness to lead and mentor
- Strong team player who interacts in a positive and productive way with other employees
- Must have strong work ethic with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- At least three years' experience
- Experience with the Weather Company MAX graphics software
- Experience with the EEC Doppler Radar software
- A college degree in meteorology or similar study
- AMS Certification preferred
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WTVD Television, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
WTVD Television, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.